Interesting Cases

Tilly…

Tilly was referred to our 24-hour Frankston emergency vet hospital with a history of being quiet, not eating and vomiting for two days. As a young Labrador, the referring veterinarian knew that this was a big cause for concern – after all, there must be a significant problem to put a Labrador off their food!…

Read more

Cuddles – The Dog That Ate Christmas

On the 27th of November, Cuddles the dog started to vomit at home and became very lethargic. Her owner noticed that a Christmas decoration which she had been playing with had gone missing. She was immediately taken to her regular veterinarian where she was placed on a drip, given pain relief, antibiotics, and anti-vomiting medication….

Read more

Meet Zorro, an 18 month old Staffordshire bull terrier

On Christmas Day, Zorro was being minded by some family friends who also have a dog. Christmas turned to horror when Zorro chased his mate across the top of a salt water swimming pool cover and fell in. We’re not sure exactly how long Zorro was in the pool before he was spotted by the…

Read more

Sally and the snails

Meet Sally… Sally is a 10-month-old chocolate brown Labrador. One afternoon… Sally had been playing in her yard and seemed completely normal when her owners came home. They fed her as usual but about 30 minutes later she started to shake a lot, collapsed and started to seizure. Her owners rushed her to the Mount Waverley AEC….

Read more

Holly Gets into Strife

Holly, an 11-week-old American Bulldog puppy, went investigating one day and her owners found her with her head stuck down a household drain. Her head was in pain, swollen and she had some difficulty breathing. She was taken to her regular vet, where she was treated with oxygen and medications and she improved significantly. Holly’s…

Read more

Meet Bella

Bella was a 16-week-old female Pugalier who presented to the Animal Emergency Centre when her owners noticed her becoming increasingly lethargic. She had been off-colour and not eating for a few days prior. On examination, Bella was noted to have a white gum colour, difficulty breathing, a sore abdomen and she was in shock. Bella…

Read more

Little roxy – clings on to life!!

This is the story about the smallest dog with the largest will to survive against all the odds! Roxy, a gorgeous little Chihuahua weighing only 1.5kg, arrived at the Hallam Animal Emergency Centre collapsed and barely alive after surviving a horrific dog attack. Roxy’s owners had found her lying unconscious in a pool of blood,…

Read more

Missy’s Lucky But Smoky Escape!

Missy is a very sweet 6-year-old female spayed Ragdoll cat who presented to the Animal Emergency Centre in Hallam (now the Veterinary Referral Hospital Dandenong) over the Queen’s Birthday weekend in June 2019. Missy’s drama began on Saturday night when her family home caught fire. The fire brigade eventually extinguished the blaze, but the three…

Read more