Are you wanting to further your knowledge and experienced in ECC? Do you want to learn how to manage patients with DKA, DIC and MODS? Do you want to be part of one of the most passionate veterinary clinic teams you could find? Then this is the position for you!
We offer a supportive working environment with an emphasis on teamwork. Our purpose is to deliver high standards of patient and customer care during the difficult time when our pets have an emergency. Our caseload is incredibly varied, and cases can be exciting, often challenging, but very rewarding. We have everything you will need to practice at your best including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography and mechanical ventilation.
We are also closer than you think! With Melbourne freeways we are only 30 minutes from Mt Waverley, Murumbeena, Ferntree Gully, Narre Warren, Black Rock and Rosebud.
Join the AEC Frankston team as a Vet Associate on a full-time basis. In line with the operating hours of the centre you will be required to work weekends, days, nights and public holiday shifts allowing for a flexible roster. There is a mixture of sole charge work and work with other vets on shift as we continue to increase our staffing in-line with our expanding business.
About Your Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Veterinarian with a keen interest in emergency medicine with previous experience in Emergency and Critical Care highly regarded
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, employees and referring vets
- Current user’s license for Ionising Radiation
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
We have vets on staff who have been with the AEC for over 10 years and have membership qualifications. We have vets with specific training and mentoring roles to ensure that we can help you grow and learn in ECC. We provide a supportive environment and focus on your training and development. We provide formal orientation and a 12-module induction program, provide supervised time on shift with a senior vet for one-on-one learning, fortnightly didactic training groups, Journal club as well as VIN, AVA and VECCS memberships. We offer 5 weeks paid annual leave and access to a continuing education allowance and 1-week paid study leave.
How to Contact Us
If you would like to become part of our team, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the criteria above to Michelle Gray, Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com or 0429 007 945.Apply now