Vet Nurse Team Leader Moorabbin
AEC Moorabbin is seeking our new nursing team leader, the AEC Moorabbin Nurse Manager!
What do we want from the successful applicant?
We are looking for a lovely person who is proudly professional and passionate about nursing, maintaining clinical standards, driving improvement, fear free/stress free handling and making sure that every animal who crosses our doorstep gets the best possible standard of care.
Our ideal Nurse Manager is motivated to lead our ECC nursing team, made up of nurses, reception and animal attendants with the goal of building a healthy and dynamic professional workforce, that enjoy a great work/life balance. We have a vision of the future and aim to become the benchmark for quality hospital management, great veterinary care and happy teams. In vet world, we are all reeling from external pressures of COVID, busy, exhausting times, recruitment issues (you know the drill) but at the AEC we see a way forward and are committed to realizing our vision.
The AEC Nurse Manager will work closely with nurse managers at our Mt Waverley and Frankston Emergency Centers, as well as our ECC Nurse Training Coordinator. The Nursing management team works closely with the Business, Operations and Clinical management team to ensure that our AEC sites are performing well, providing great care in a healthy and caring workplace, providing patient centered care to animals and their people in a respectful, ethically driven environment. We share responsibility for all aspects of running the hospital and are very much a team.
As our nursing team lead, your responsibilities would include;
- Managing day to day operations of the hospital
- Overseeing reception, nursing care and client services
- Leading and developing the nursing team, and building a positive team culture
- Encouraging improvement and participation in continuing education
- Workforce planning including rosters and recruitment
- Clinical shifts as part of the nursing roster
- Availability to work weekends, evenings, and public holidays
- Overseeing Inventory management
- Administrative tasks
- Contributing to the continuous development and the improvement of the AEC
- Communicating the needs and wellbeing of your team to the rest of the management team
- Making sure all members of your team are up to date with opportunities, management news, and relevant planning and goals.
- Conduct regular catchups with each member of your team, and keep appropriate records
- Maintain standards, and ensure staff are motivated, engaged and supported in their respective roles and duties
The Nurse Manager role is an exciting opportunity to join one of Melbourne’s most dynamic ECC hospitals, where there is a genuine drive to provide a supportive and caring work environment. The role will be supported by a highly experienced and collaborative leadership team, with over 50 years of veterinary leadership and management experience.
At the AEC we are passionate about providing our team with the opportunity to perform to the best of their abilities. Our Nurse Manager plays a key role in developing and mentoring our nurse dept, therefore a high motivation in these areas is crucial.
What you need to bring
- A passion to lead and motivate a high functioning nursing team
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A keen eye for rostering
- Leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Cert IV in veterinary nursing or equivalent
- Keen sense of your professional identity and the importance of vet nursing, reception and animal attendants in a successful workplace
- AVNAT registration/awareness
- Great record keeping skills
- Think this sounds like you, but need some training/assistance? Great! Please apply and talk to us about your aspirations and support needs. It’s rare that anyone jumps into this sort of role knowing everything, so let’s talk 😊.
What can AEC Moorabbin Offer?
- A competitive salary (and your own office)
- A skilled, motivated and caring management team
- An amazing veterinary team with truly lovely vets, great nurses, queen receptionists and awesome animal attendants
- An encouraging learning environment for advanced training
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- An impressively stocked food pantry
- A challenging and rewarding position, in a supportive organisational structure with a vision for the future
If you’ve been wanting to elevate your career to the next level then please email your application including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com