Small Animal Veterinarian with a passion for Medicine
Permanent Full-Time or Part-Time opportunity
Norwood, South Australia
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre is looking for an experienced veterinarian with a passion for medicine. We are currently offering a limited medicine service, which is supported by our whole hospital approach to case management.
We have a strong AEC team to provide 24/7 care and help manage those critical patients. Alongside this we have a strong surgical department, radiologist on-site support, dermatologist and all the toys expected of a leading referral centre including CT, Ultrasound, DR radiography, c-arm fluoroscope, endoscope tower, a full Idexx in house suite and easy access to a 1.5T MRI.
We’re passionate about our people, embracing professional development and providing a world of career opportunities across our business. You will be provided with plenty of options for continuing education, including our annual Greencross Symposium, a guaranteed work/life balance of 5 weeks annual leave inclusive of 1-week study leave as well as opportunities for further studies through our Scholarships for Memberships program.
If you are ready for a change then give us a call. This could be the first step as a career move for an experienced veterinarian or just the chance to be challenged and have the time to work up cases thoroughly. For new consults we allocate one hour (no more 10 or 15min consults) and revisits are at least 30mins. We value the time it takes to consider a more complicated case.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding role as a small animal medicine veterinarian in a dynamic supportive team environment
- Comprehensive Induction and training
- 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills.
- Study/CE leave, customised emergency CE program
- VIN and AVA Memberships
- Full time or Part time for the right candidate
- Financial assistance available for relocation for the right applicant
To be successful you will have the following skills and expertise:
- Experienced and driven vet with at least 10 years’ experience or ANZCVS Membership qualifications in small animal medicine
- A passion for leading and motivating a team
- Exceptional organisation, communication and management skills
- Dedicated to high standards of care and personal development
- Accountable and proactive attitude with effective time management
- Compassionate Vet with a strong patient focus
- Abdominal ultrasound competency
If this sounds like your next role, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above-mentioned criteria to:
08 8132 0533
Please quote job number ‘ES2058’