Rotating internship – 12-month fixed-term
12-Month Fixed-Term – Dandenong, VICTORIA
An exciting opportunity exists for recent graduates and experienced clinicians.
Veterinary Referral Hospital is offering a 12-month rotating internship, starting in February 2020. Be the first intake in our purpose-built facility! Opening in late 2019 VRH will become Melbourne’s largest non-academic referral hospital including GE’s 1.5T MRI & 16-Slice CT, 5 Surgical theatres and dedicated ward suites such as ICU as a few highlights.
Our highly regarded program provides a combination of primary case responsibility and direct collaboration with the specialists. The internship is structured as 4 weekly rotations through the following departments;
Medicine Surgery Emergency Diagnostic Imaging Critical Care
Interns will participate in cage-side rounds, journal clubs and seminars, as well as producing case presentations and literature reviews as part of their training. The internship serves as a base for candidates who wish to enhance their knowledge and practical experiences. For those considering specialisation, this Internship has been proven to contribute towards a successful residency applications.
We are a 24-hour practice, and our successful applicant is required to work some evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
To succeed in this role you will possess the following attributes:
- A veterinary degree registrable in Victoria
- A genuine desire to be a part of our team practising the highest standards in veterinary care
- An interest in surgery, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging and emergency medicine
- Passion for continuing education
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, positive attitude with a focus on team work
Our successful candidate will have access to:
- VIN, AVA Memberships and access to Veterinary Journals
- Specialist mentorship in an interesting and varied role, providing the basis for an application for external residency positions
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.
If this role is the next step in your career and you would like to become part of the Veterinary Referral Hospital team, please email your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above-mentioned criteria to:
Dr Yenny Indrawirawan BAnimSc BVSc MANZCVS (SAM) FANZCVS (ECC)
Yenny.Indrawirawan@aecvet.com.au by 6th September 2019.
Interviews for successful candidates will be held at the end of September 2019.Apply now