Emergency Veterinarian – Kedron, QLD
Unique opportunity to grow and develop with a new team from the start.
The Animal Emergency Centres (AECs) provide premier after hours vet care to sick and injured pets, and today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country.
This is a unique opportunity to develop and grow in a newly developed Emergency team and department from the start. It is a co-location with a GP, meaning you will be supported by a strong team of General Practice vets and nurses to start with.
We would look to host you at one of our other AEC sites to provide support and development while we look to hire the rest of the team. To make sure it is success we are looking to have a number of emergency vets on board before we restart the site.
AEC Kedron is a purpose built 24/7 emergency and critical care centre with everything you will need to practice at your best and provide outstanding clinical care, including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory including PT/APTT and blood gas analysis, ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography, blood products and mechanical ventilation.
- Current Veterinary registration and requisite qualifications
- Memberships in ECC, Surgery or Internal Medicine (highly favourable)
- Committed to providing optimal patient care
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
Why Should You Join the AEC Team?
- A rewarding role as an Emergency Veterinarian
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program
- Career development and National Mentoring program
- National Membership Study groups
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium Conference
- Personal memberships to Veterinary information networks and publications to stay to date
- Staff discounts including at Petbarn and Greencross clinics.
- Relocation and Sponsorship for you and your family available – Pathway to Permanent Residency
- Ability to have a working holiday at our other sites around Australia as a permanent employee.
- We support many Charity Volunteer Animal and Rescue groups
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs.
To apply or for more information, contact Matthew Lacey, Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com or 0402 715 462.