Emergency / General Practice Veterinarian
GP and Emergency and in one of the most picturesque places in the world! Best of both worlds in a wonderful place? Interested? Read on
The Animal Emergency Centres (AECs) provide premier after hours vet care to sick and injured pets, and today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country.
Our purpose is to save pets lives using the highest standards of emergency and critical care medicine and surgery, delivered professionally and compassionately.
We are in a unique situation where we can offer you the best of both worlds, General Practice and Emergency. We have a co-located General Practice and Emergency Centre in the heart of Noosa.
Joining our family, you will have the opportunity to put your excellent clinical skills and passion for Emergency medicine and General Practice to work. We have a team of passionate like-minded Vets and Nurses who work across both areas, enjoying the rewarding nature of this role.
- Current Veterinary Registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Queensland
- Experience in emergency is desirable but not essential
- The desire to deliver the highest standards of emergency and critical care, professionally and with compassion
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, staff members and referring Veterinarians
- Dedication to the team and willingness to pitch in and help your AEC colleagues
- Appreciation of the pet parent bond and a commitment to providing only the best service to patients and clients
What are the Benefits?
- A permanent part-time, full-time or casual role – let us know how you like to work
- Financial assistance with relocation and visa sponsorship for interstate or international Vets on offer
- Industry leading remuneration package and extensive internal Continuing Education offering
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs
- Career development and National Mentoring program: Let us know your area of interest and we can provide extra training and education through our Specialist network
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 1-week study leave
- MANZCVS Scholarships and Improve International Membership preparation course (12 months)
- Specialist lead study groups for Membership team members
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium Conference
- Cost of AVA membership covered yearly
- Relocation and Sponsorship for you and your family available – Pathway to Permanent Residency
- Staff discounts including at Petbarn and Greencross clinics.
- Ability to travel and locum for any AEC and Greencross Clinic if working holidays interest you.
It is expected that all Emergency Vets are available on weekends and public holidays and we rotate these shifts to optimise fairness amongst the team wherever possible. Locum arrangements can also be discussed.
I want to join the team at AEC! How do I apply?
To apply or for more information, contact Matthew Lacey, Talent Acquisition Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 715 462.