- Diverse and challenging opportunity
- Work with a team of passionate and committed Vets and Nurses to serve the increasing needs of the large pet owning community of Woolloongabba and surrounding suburbs
- Supportive, inclusive, stimulating and fun workplace
- Paid Parental leave
We are part of a long-established and leading group of General Practice, Specialist and Emergency Veterinary Hospitals located throughout Australia. We strive to provide the highest quality general practice, specialist medical, surgical and diagnostic animal services including 24-hour emergency and critical care. We take pride in our dynamic environment and no day or night is ever the same.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Business Manager for our Woolloongabba hospital. As an integral member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for the business development, strategy, management and accountability of our Woolloongabba hospital. The Business Manager will work closely with the hospital Veterinarians, nurses, technical staff and support teams. The hospital operates 24 hours 7 days a week and provides both General Practice and Emergency care. Responsibilities include:
- Financial leadership and reporting for the hospital
- Project management within the hospital
- Marketing and promotional coordination
- Leadership in business strategic planning and execution along with the leadership team
- Ensure adequate resources and support are available to teams to deliver the highest quality of care to patients
- Liaise with other hospital managers to ensure alignment and promotion of the business group and to maximise efficiency, profitability and productivity
The right candidate should have substantial knowledge and experience in business operations. You should be a humble and resilient person with a desire to help others succeed and grow. You understand that customer service is a business imperative. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management skills and your strong ability to prioritise work will allow you to realize your passion for positive business, hospital, people and patient outcomes. The candidate should have proven experience and success working independently, working within a team and with various internal and external stakeholders. The ability to adapt, listen and collaborate, find and execute improvements and processes and lead change are crucial. With a flexible and creative attitude towards work, you will fit well within our culture.
The right candidate will be part of a high performing team and will be expected to have:
- Degree qualified (business, commerce, business management or related)
- Leadership/managerial role 3+ years
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and organisational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Knowledge of RX Works, EzyVet or medical practice software is desirable
- Project management experience is advantageous
- Prior experience in a Veterinary/medical or allied health clinical environment will be highly regarded
What we can offer
This position offers an opportunity to work with some of the best clinicians in their field, in a professional and challenging yet enjoyable workplace. A competitive annual salary plus leave entitlements, continuous education program and other employee benefits will be provided. This is a growing business and for the right candidate ongoing opportunities will undoubtedly present themselves.
To apply online please click the “Apply” button below. For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact National Operations Manager Michelle Hall on 0429 007 945. Job reference no: ES2087.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASEApply now