Animal Attendant Mount Waverley/Frankston
- Part Time
- Weekend and Shift Work penalties apply
- Exciting opportunity to join a leading Veterinary and Emergency Hospital
- Ongoing training and development
- Free on-site parking available
At AEC we are passionate about providing our team with the opportunity to perform to the best of their abilities. If you don’t have any ECC experience we provide industry leading training, mentorship and support for all new team members including supervised shifts and a modular induction program.
If you already have experience in ECC we offer a work environment that values your skill and knowledge with above award wages.
AEC Mount Waverley and Frankston are dedicated emergency and critical care hospitals. We have an outstanding team of Vets and Nurses who are knowledgeable, approachable and highly supportive, and who practice an exceptionally high standard of care for all their patients.
About the Role:
Our animal attendants are an essential part of the team and their primary concern is the care and well being of our patients. This role works within a fast-paced, task driven hospital requiring constant care to maintain high standards of patient care and hospital cleanliness. Working alongside renowned and experienced vets and nurses, we as a team aim to achieve gold standard level of care.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Animal handling including walking of patients, providing environmental enrichment and nutritional support
- Care and maintenance of their environment
- Assisting veterinarians and nurses with treatment of patients
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness amongst the wards, patient cages and presentation of the hospital, both inside and out
- Restocking veterinary consumables and equipment
- Thorough cleaning of wards
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Cert II in Animal Studies or equivalent (further animal industry qualifications highly regarded)
- At least one year in the companion animal industry (Vet clinic and/or boarding facility)
- Ability to demonstrate experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to compartmentalise and prioritise in a demanding role
- Ability to follow direction
- Own reliable transport
The successful candidate will be required to work on a part time which will include day, evening, weekend, overnight shifts and public holidays, while also being available at short notice for sick and annual leave.
To apply, please send your updated cover letter and resume to: Aimee Elliott – vetnursecareers.com.auApply now