Peace of Mind Overnight Monitoring Package
Currently available in our two Queensland locations: Woolloongabba & Varsity Lakes (Gold Coast).
To print the Overnight Monitoring Form, please click here.
To print the Overnight Monitoring Checklist, please click here.
What is it?
The Peace of Mind package is designed for your clinic to offer quality after-hours care to your patients at an affordable price. Your team of veterinarians and nurses will have peace of mind knowing that your patients will be receiving ongoing supportive treatment throughout the night, in line with your treatment plan and will be returned to your practice the following day.
What does the package include?
The Peace of Mind Package includes a referral examination, overnight hospitalisation, fluid therapy and patient transfers.
Which patients are suitable?
- Stable post-op patients requiring pain relief.
- Medical cases with a diagnosis and treatment plan.
What do you and your client receive in the package?
- Animal ambulance transfer from your practice after 4pm to Animal Emergency Centre and return transfer from 8am the following morning.
- A physical examination including TPR from the AEC veterinarian upon arrival.
- A phone call from an AEC nurse to the client as required.
- A maximum of two TPR’s by the AEC nurse throughout the night.
- Ongoing fluid therapy as per your plan and administration of up to three standard medications e.g. analgesia, antibiotics.
- Nursing care as per your treatment plan.
- You will receive an overnight monitoring progress report.
What does the AEC overnight monitoring report include?
- You will receive an overnight monitoring report on how your patient progressed throughout the night. This will include the TPR vitals, whether the patient ate/drank/toileted and when/what medications were given.
Which patients are not suitable?
- Unstable, intensive care patients requiring intensive BP, oxygen, saturation or ECG monitoring.
- Patients on CRI’s or with feeding tubes.
- Patients awaiting chest or abdominal surgery.
- Patients being transferred for care over a public holiday period.
How are the animals transferred?
- The Animal Ambulance is a service to ensure that all patients receive the best possible care and attention when travelling to veterinary practices
What do I need to send with the patient?
- Transfer form documenting your treatment plan e.g. fluid therapy and medication.
- A full history for us to refer to.
- Patient must have a patent IV catheter in place, otherwise this will be charged as normal if a replacement is required.
- Please supply IVF bag and administration set.
- Please supply all oral medications (Do not send injectables)
- Contact information for the patient i.e.: Your clinic being contacted in regards to patients condition, your client being contacted directly authorising any changes to treatment plan and associated costs.
Terms and conditions: 1. Offer valid to AEC referring veterinary clinics. 2. Not to be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer. 3. Only valid at participating Animal Emergency Centres. 4. Should you require further testing or medication, additional fees will be applied.
If you would like more information or have any questions about the Peace of Mind Package, please contact your nearest clinic or Practice Manager directly.