Full Time Lead Emergency Veterinarian - AEC Gold Coast, QLD
|Start Date||April 2019|
|Position Title||Lead Emergency Veterinarian|
|Location||Varsity Lakes, QLD|
FULL TIME LEAD EMERGENCY VETERINARIAN
GOLD COAST, QLD
Do you enjoy the challenge of emergency cases, and being there for pets and owners when they need it most?
Are you looking to step up into a leadership position, leading a cohesive and experienced team?
At AEC Gold Coast we are looking for an experienced Emergency Veterinarian to join our team in a fixed term leadership role. This position is being offered on a 6 month fixed term basis from April through to September 2019, as support to our team during an upcoming period of leave for our Veterinary Director. We offer a variety of night, weekend and holiday shifts, and cultivate a supportive environment with emphasis on team work to deliver high standards of customer and patient care.
Our hospital is a purpose-built 24 hour facility. We have a varied caseload that is exciting, frequently challenging, and very rewarding. Everything you will need to practice at your best is here, including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory including PT/APTT and blood gas analysis, ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography, blood products and mechanical ventilation.
What we offer you:
- A varied and rewarding role as an ECC veterinarian with a leadership focus;
- Structured induction and module-based training;
- 5 weeks paid annual leave per annum with FT employment;
- Structured internal continuing education;
- Access to external continuing education allowance and 1-week paid study leave per annum;
- Access to mentorship and training program for those interested in ECC memberships;
- A national group with many opportunities for career advancement;
- A healthy regard for work-life balance.
To be successful you will have the following skills and expertise:
- Qualifications as a Veterinarian;
- Current Veterinary Registration;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Veterinarian with a keen interest in emergency medicine;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians;
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills, with the capability to lead teams in a positive and effective manner.
We value skill and dedication to standards of care, organisation and communication skills, and a positive “can do” attitude. If this role seems right for you and you would like to become part of our AEC team, please submit your CV and a cover letter and outlining your suitability against the mentioned criteria to: