Full Time Surgery Nursing Team Leader - AVSARC, Norwood SA
|Position Title||Surgery Nursing Team Leader|
Surgery Nursing Team Leader
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre (AVSARC) was the first facility in South Australia to offer a multidisciplinary small animal referral service by veterinarians with specialist training. As Adelaide’s leading referral and Emergency centre, our hospital has been purpose-built ensuring a pleasant environment and well-equipped facilities for all our patients.
We offer referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Imaging and Animal Behaviour. Our collaborative approach to medicine allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
A unique and exciting opportunity awaits for a Surgery Nursing Team Leader to join our team. Both qualified and experienced, you are a health care professional with a patient focused approach and are committed to the provision of the best possible standards of care.
This role will see you carry out the following duties:
- Perform both general nursing and surgical nursing tasks at an exceptional level
- Maintain a high standard of patient care
- Coach, mentor and support nursing staff
- Drive staff motivation and productivity
- Co-ordinate rosters and assume responsibility for the rostering of the surgery departmental team
- Develop and review clinic policies and procedures in conjunction with the Nursing Director
- Participate in the ongoing performance management of nursing staff Ensures organisational procedures are trained and adhered to by nursing staff
- Work closely with the Procurement Officer to ensure inventory levels of surgical supplies are in line with policy and procedures/as directed
- Demonstrates ability to positively and proactively implement change
To be considered for this position you must possess the following:
- Possess a Certificate 4 in Veterinary Nursing with 5 years’ experience
- Proven interest in Surgical Nursing
- Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) would be highly regarded
- Team Leader/People Management experience
To Apply: please email your Cover Letter and CV addressing the key criteria of the role:
Please Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted