Full Time Veterinary Associate - AEC Woolloongabba & Kedron
|Position Title||Full Time Veterinary Associate|
|Location||AEC Woolloongabba & Kedron|
Full Time Veterinary Associate
AEC Woolloongabba & Kedron, QLD
We offer a relaxed and supportive working environment with an emphasis on team work. Our purpose is to deliver high standards of patient and customer care during the difficult time when our pets have an emergency. Our case-load is incredibly varied from a straight forward laceration to complex MODs case. Cases can be exciting, often challenging, but very rewarding. We have everything you will need to practice at your best including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopy, CT scanner, digital radiography and mechanical ventilation.
AEC Woolloongabba & Kedron are purpose built, first class facilities with up to date equipment and exceptional teams of vets and nurses who practice an exceptionally high standard of care for all their patients and are knowledgeable, approachable and highly supportive.
Are you the kind of person who:
- Wants to make a difference to the lives of your patients and clients?
- Values a team approach to deliver optimal patient care?
- Enjoys variety and has an interest in emergency and critical care?
- Isn’t afraid of developing new skills?
If you answered yes, then AEC Woolloongabba & Kedron have an opportunity for you! In line with the operating hours of the centres you will be required to work weekends, days, nights and public holiday shifts allowing for a flexible roster!
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- Qualifications as a Veterinarian.
- Experience working within a Veterinary clinic
- A sound knowledge and understanding of high standards of care
- Current registration;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, employees and referring vets;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians;
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
What we offer you:
- An industry leading salary (commensurate with experience);
- VIN and AVA Memberships;
- 5 weeks paid annual leave;
- Structured internal and external training programs including regular in-house training sessions
- A mentoring and training program for those wishing to purse ANZCVS memberships;
- Access to continuing education allowance and 1-week paid study leave;
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals;
- A healthy regard for work-life balance.
If this role is the right one for you and you would like to become part of our team, please send your application, including a cover letter outlining your suitability against the above-mentioned criteria to