Full Time Experienced ECC Veterinarian - Hallam, VIC
|Position Title||ECC Veterinarian|
|Location||Veterinary Referral Hospital/Animal Emergency Centre Hallam|
Full Time Experienced Vet – Emergency and Critical Care
Veterinary Referral Hospital/AEC Hallam, VIC
Veterinary Referral Hospital/Animal Emergency Centre Hallam is looking for a full time veterinarian to work in our Emergency and Critical Care department. We offer a supportive working environment with emphasis on teamwork. Our purpose is to deliver the highest quality outcome for our patients and clients during emergency and throughout the hospitalisation periods.
We are a referral hospital that values collaborative approach to case management with daily rounds with specialists in Emergency and Critical Care, Medicine and Surgery. We also provide advanced diagnostic imaging capabilities. We are equipped with the equipment you would expect in a facility like ours; a 16 Slice CT, Digital Radiography, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, in house Pathology suite, mechanical ventilator and more. We are in the process of building a purpose-built 1400sqm facility with 2 dedicated ICUs, and the addition of a 1.5T MRI, due to be completed early 2019.
The Veterinarian will work with our Specialist, Residents and Veterinary Director to mentor, train and support team members in achieving clinical excellence. Our hospital has a strong focus on training and development with its internship, residency and membership study programs. Our specialists lead by example to support the knowledge and skills development of every team member.
As a 24/7 hospital you will be required to work weekends, days, nights and public holiday shifts as part of a consistent and sustainable schedule of shifts; 1 in 2 weekends, 2 to 3 x 12 hour shifts in a row only and a sickness roster that removes the requirement for on-call. The ECC Residents are also available to discuss challenging cases when they are off-site.
What we offer you:
- Highly competitive salary in excess of $100k commensurate with experience
- Industry leading professional and career development opportunities
- Professional Memberships i.e. VIN and AVA
- 5 weeks paid annual leave plus 1 week of study leave and CE allowance $1500
- Structured internal and external training programs including regular in-house training sessions with our ECC specialist or ECC residents
- A mentoring and training program for those wishing to enrol in ANZCVS memberships
- Visa sponsorship for suitable applicants
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- A passion for emergency, critical care and specialty medicine
- A genuine interest in learning
- Experience in a team leader role is viewed favourably but not essential
- Membership qualification is viewed favourably but no essential
- An interest in mentoring and training other team members
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, employees and referring vets;
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
- Ability to obtain user’s License for Ionising Radiation;
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, adaptable, empathic and positive attitude
If this role is the right one for you and you would like to become part of our team, please send your application, including a cover letter and outlining your suitability against the above criteria to Dr Natalie Rulton at email@example.com.