Full Time Veterinary Internship (Emergency & Critical Care) - Hallam, Victoria
|Start Date||January/February 2019|
|Position Title||Veterinary Intern|
Full Time Veterinary Internship (Emergency & Critical Care)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Veterinarian (recently graduated or with experience) seeking a change in direction or to further progress their career.
We are offering a 12-month fixed term internship in Emergency and Critical Care starting Jan/Feb 2019.
The internship is designed and overseen by our ECC Specialist and provides constant exposure to referral level Medicine, Surgery, and advanced Imaging procedures. Experience in the GP environment can be facilitated for the right candidate.
The Internship is balanced with 1 in 2 weekends and a mixture of day and night shifts on a consistent roster. There is a mixture of primary case responsibility and direct collaboration with the specialists. Journal Club and the writing of papers will be encouraged and supported as part of further learning.
The Internship provides focused development in the role of an ECC clinician following a training plan with clinical and non-clinical training. You will advance your knowledge and gain skills in all areas of emergency and critical care that will form a solid foundation for a career in emergency, holistic progression as a veterinarian, or even as a pathway to future residency positions.
We are a 24-hour practice, and our successful applicant is required to work some evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
To succeed in this role you will possess the following:
- A genuine desire to be a part of our team practising the highest standards in veterinary care;
- An interest in emergency medicine, surgery, internal medicine and diagnostic imaging;
- Passion for continuing education;
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills;
- Flexible, adaptable, positive attitude with a focus on team work;
- 1+ year’s experience working as a veterinarian.
Our successful candidate will have access to:
- VIN, AVA Memberships and access to Veterinary Journals;
- Specialist mentorship in an interesting and varied role, providing the basis for an application for residency positions;
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals;
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.
If this role is the next step in your career and you would like to become part of the dynamic Veterinary Referral Hospital team, please email your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to:
Dr Yenny Indrawirawan BAnimSc BVSc FANZCVS (ECC)