Full Time Veterinarian - New / Recent Graduate Position - AEC Adelaide, SA
|Position Title||Graduate Veterinarian|
Full Time Veterinarian – New / Recent Graduate Position
Norwood – Adelaide, SA
At the Animal Emergency Centre, our experienced and dedicated team of Emergency Veterinarians and Nurses offer an exceptionally high standard of care for all our patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide services in emergency medicine and surgery, intensive care and monitoring for critical patients. We operate in conjunction with the Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre who offer services in the fields of neurology, internal medicine, oncology, surgery, dermatology and diagnostic imagining.
Are you the kind of person who:
- Wants to make a difference to the lives of your patients and clients?
- Values a team approach to deliver optimal patient care?
- Enjoys variety and has an interest in emergency and critical care?
- Isn’t afraid of developing new skills?
If you answered yes then AEC Adelaide has an opportunity for you! In line with the operating hours of the centre you will be required to work weekends, days, nights and public holiday shifts allowing for a flexible roster.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- Qualifications as a Veterinarian
- Experience working within a Veterinary clinic
- A sound knowledge and understanding of high standards of care
- Current registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, employees and referring vets
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
What we offer you:
- An industry leading salary (commensurate with experience);
- VIN and AVA Memberships;
- 5 weeks paid annual leave;
- Structured internal and external training programs including regular in-house training sessions
- A mentoring and training program for those wishing to purse ANZCVS memberships;
- Access to continuing education allowance and 1 week paid study leave;
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals;
- A healthy regard for work-life balance.
If this role is the right one for you and you would like to become part of our team, please send your application, including a cover letter and outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to: