Part Time Veterinary Nurse - Norwood, SA
|Start Date||Immediate |
|Position Title||Veterinary Nurse|
Part Time Veterinary Nurse
At the Animal Emergency Centre our experienced and dedicated team of Emergency Veterinarians and Nurses offer an exceptionally high standard of care for all of our patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide services in emergency medicine and surgery, intensive care and monitoring for critical patients. We operate in conjunction with the Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre who offer services in the fields of neurology, internal medicine, oncology, surgery, dermatology and diagnostic imagining.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Part Time Veterinary Nurse to join our dynamic and motivated team at our AEC Adelaide clinic to cover a period of maternity leave. We are ideally looking for someone who can commence immediately, however start date is negotiable. The expected roster will include shifts on days, evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
What we offer you:
· A varied and interesting role
· A strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced staff
· Training & professional development opportunities
· A supportive and dynamic team environment.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
· Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent)
· 3-5 years’ experience working as a Veterinary Nurse, experience in Emergency preferred but not essential
· A strong work ethic and ability to work in a team, as well as the confidence to work autonomously;
· Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
· The ability to remain calm under pressure
· Exceptional customer service & communication skills
· Confidence in dealing with people – given the nature of our business, it is crucial our Nurses are able to effectively deal with clients who may be highly stressed or emotional
· Exceptional organisation and time management skills
· The ability to multi task and to demonstrate initiative
· Be flexible, adaptable and have a positive attitude
If you are looking for a new & exciting challenge, and you believe that this is your opportunity to shine please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to: